Peggy Sue Murphy Parks was born in Fayetteville, Washington County, Arkansas, on November 12, 1927.
Parks attended the University of Arkansas in 1945 before transferring to Arkansas College in Batesville on a full scholarship. In 1957 she was recruited to teach at Prairie Grove Elementary School, where she remained until her retirement from teaching in 1988. The same year, Governor Bill Clinton appointed Parks to the Arkansas Democratic Committee where she served for ten years.
Parks was inducted into the Fayetteville High School Hall of Fame in 2003. The Parks family was honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Northwest Arkansas Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals in 2007. In 2012, the University of Arkansas recognized Parks as a lead donor for the construction of the Epley Center for Health Professions. She has served on the Prairie Grove Battlefield State Park Advisory Commission, as well as on the boards of the Washington Regional Medical Foundation, the Arts Center of the Ozarks, the Mashburn Scholarship Foundation, and the Ozark Guidance Foundation.
Parks passed away on July 17, 2017.